Tuesday 2 June 2015

Voicemail - Westlake Boys Choir


The Westlake Boys Choir known as the voicemale choir came to FHS today. This choir is conducted by Mr David Squire. They performed 3 pieces. The first piece they played was a Hungarian Soldier song. This song was all about a young soldier writing to his beloved wife. This soldier was described to be angry. In this piece the trumpet was played and also the drum was played. I gave this song a 9/10. The next song they preformed was about Christmas but not a song like Rudolf the red nose reindeer that we knew it was a new song to me about the angels when they where looking at Jesus and their golden light shining down on him. This song to me sounded like a lullaby, it was beautiful. So I have given it also a 9/10. The final song they sung was a song that had been written by a previous member of the voicemale choir. This students name was Robbie Ellis. The song was about a Howler Monkey. This was a very full on song that gave me lots of information about those particular monkeys. I learnt that they live in Brazil, Argentina, Columbia and Mexico. I gave this song a 10/10.

Later this year the voicemale choir are going to be performing at the town hall, competing in a concert called The Big Sing. In this choir the song I enjoyed the most was the Howler Monkey song as it was about an animals and I love animals. Also it taught me many facts as stated above and finally it was very full on and it kept me interested. The thing about this choir that I loved was how they had different melodies. Some where high and some where low.

Overall this was a spectacular performance that I found super entertaining and interesting.

Taken from Ella's Blog  Tuesday 26th May

Voicemail



1 comment:

  1. Thanks a heap Mr Robson. Good picture to!!

    ReplyDelete